P.o Box AF2072 Accra, Ghana
- About Us
- News & Information
- ICASA Reports
- Contact Us
CRITERIA FOR SAA ELECTION ELIGIBILITY
In order to contest or be nominated for a position on the SAA Administrative Council, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
Critères d’éligibilités au conseil Administratif de la SAA :
Becoming a SAA Member
SAA draws its membership from persons and organizations engaged in Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS-related activities. They may be recommended by the executive committee as honorary members on account of their special contribution to the fight against AIDS.
Benefits of SAA Membership
* Prestige and career boost: SAA is a prestigious organization, becoming a member is an added advantage in the professional world both in the African and International community.
* Research: the Society is developing a research database for Africa. On completion, members of SAA will readily have access to the database and their research will be included.
* Special registration fee and conference participation: The society holds a major conference biennially (ICASA) and a regional conference in the intermediate year. As a member of SAA, your registration fees to conferences organized by the Society will be slightly reduced compared to other rates from ICASA 2011.You will also have the opportunity to attend, participate/collaborate in the conference(s) as appropriate.
* Visibility and Publications: Being a SAA member will give visibility to your activities at the pan African level and you can be have the opportunity to publish your work(s) in the SAA Newsletters.
* Membership of SAA professional registry: SAA is compiling a register of African professionals in various Health fields; you will automatically be listed as a professional in your field and SAA can facilitate collaboration with eminent scientists who are also members, on request and as appropriate. This could facilitate global networking with colleagues across continents.
Membership of the society is open to scientists/health researchers on HIV/AIDS and Reproductive Health related issues.
Societies, (national, international) organizations, corporate bodies, having similar objectives, vision, and purpose as above can apply to be affiliated members of the SAA.
Below is a list of some of our collaborative members.
United Nation Agencies
International AIDS Society (IAS)
African Council of AIDS Service Organization (AfriCASO)
Youth Networks in Africa
Society for Women and AIDS(SWAA)
Network of African people living with HIV/AIDS (NAP+)
Application for membership could be done by filling the membership form available on this website or apply through a written application letter addressed to the Secretary General and must include CV, publications/ research work carried out. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org