Abstract submission – 13th International Conference on HIV Treatment Pathogenesis and Prevention Research in Resource-Limited Settings (INTEREST)admin
With pleasure, we draw your attention to the 13th International Conference on HIV Treatment Pathogenesis and Prevention Research in Resource-Limited Settings (INTEREST) scheduled to take place in Kempinski Hotel, Accra, Ghana from 14 – 17 May 2019. On behalf of the Organising Committee, we wish to encourage participants from Ghana to submit abstracts to this foremost scientific conference in Africa.
Known as the ‘African CROI”, the INTEREST Conference brings together scientists involved in HIV treatment, pathogenesis, and prevention research in Africa to share pivotal findings, promote collaboration, and transfer experiences across several fields and many continents. The conference showcases cutting-edge scientific knowledge and builds a vibrant community of African physicians and scientists committed to facilitating the implementation of local solutions for clinically managing patients living with HIV infection and for preventing HIV transmission.
Since its inception in 2007, INTEREST has become a leading scientific conference in the field of HIV in Africa south of the Sahara. The 12th INTEREST workshop held in Kigali, Rwanda in May 2018, attracted 592 participants from 32 countries, with participants and invited speakers evaluating it very positively.
The program of the 13th INTEREST Conference consists of plenary lectures, sponsored symposia, parallel sessions, abstract presentations, poster viewings, roundtable discussions, debates, clinical case discussions, and exhibitions.
Deadline for abstract submission is 1st February 2018. Participants with abstracts accepted will be exempt from conference fees.
For more details about the conference and the program, please refer to our website: www.interestworkshop.org.
Local Organizing Committee
- Professor Kwasi Torpey, University of Ghana, Chair
- Professor Margaret Lartey, University of Ghana, Member
- Professor Lorna Renner, University of Ghana, Member
- Professor Isabelle Quakyi, University of Ghana, Member
- Dr Steven Ayisi-Addo, Ministry of Health, Member
- Mr Kyeremeh Atuahene, Ghana AIDS Commission, Member
- Dr John Amuasi, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Member
- Dr Naa Ashiley Vanderpuye-Donton, West Africa AIDS Foundation, Member
- Mr Luc Bodea, Society for AIDS in Africa, Member
- Mr Silas Quaye, Center for Disease Control/Ghana, member
- Professor William Ampofo, University of Ghana, Member
- Mr Emmanuel Beluzebr Suurkure, NAP+, Member