Invitational bid to host the 21st international conference on HIV/AIDS and STI’s in Africa (ICASA 2021)admin
The Society for
AIDS in Africa (SAA) hereby Represented by its President; Prof. John Idoko,
invites African countries wishing to host the 21st
International Conference on HIV/AIDS and STIs in Africa in 2021 (ICASA 2021) to
send in their application bid document to the SAA Secretariat in Accra- Ghana. Closing
date for submission of Application 30th
ICASA 2021 will
be the 21st International Conference on HIV/AIDS and STI’s in Africa
to be organized by the Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA).
country is eligible to be considered to host ICASA. However, certain
criteria must be fulfilled to qualify for selection.
The procedure for
application is as follows:
country should submit a bid document of intent to the SAA Secretariat backed up
with detailed proof of evidence of the following information:
- Strong Government support: financial commitment and political will to host the conference.
-Provide and financially support the Conference venue: Capacity of Plenary rooms: 5000 seats with at least 7 break way rooms with capacity from 1500 to 150 seats.
-Provide financial support for the local Secretariat that will be
working withthe International secretariat.
-Provide Scholarship for at least 300 local Participants.
Availability ofstandard hotels to accommodate up to 10,000 participants as well as conferencevenue(s) with standard conference facilities. Good transportationnetwork within the country. Good tele-communicationnetwork within countrywith links with other African countriesand international communities.
of cohortsof scientific, leadership, civil societies, organized groups of PLHIV, privatesector, youth organizations oriented towards HIV/ AIDS relatedactivities.
- Easy access by air and by road where needed.
- Recognizable presence of Government organ/body responsible for HIV/AIDS coordination in the country.
- Good security network to guarantee participants’ safety.
- Guarantee easy visa facilities and assistance to conference participants and no restriction to entry for PLHIV, MSM, and other minorities group.
- Political stability.
- No discriminatory government policies based on gender, HIV status and religion.
The detailed bid
document of intent backed up with evidence should reach the Society for AIDS in
Africa (SAA) Permanent Secretariat both by email, attachments and by courier
services to the SAA President:
Society for AIDS
SAA Permanent Secretariat Accra
P.O. Box 2072
Plot Container 58 Otano Estates,
Behind NHTC, Adjiringano
Mob: (+ 233) 54 37 48 78 1 or (+233) 26 89 21 58 2
Office Line: (+ 233) 30 29 13 73 9
applications will be evaluated by Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) Council
members whereby 2 countries will be preselected, based on meeting the criteria
as listed in Step 1.
visit will conducted by 2 or 3 SAA’s Council members to the 2 preselected
countries. The preselected countries will invite SAA for the two days
assessment visit before 1st
September to 15th September 2019
- The process of preselection will be concluded by the latest 15th September 2019 followed by the notification to the 2 countries.
- After SAA Council members’ deliberation, the host country of ICASA 2021 will be notified on the 30th September 2019 followed by a press communiqué/release.
- Prior to final selection of the host country of ICASA 2021, and before a notification letter will be sent to the host country, an MOU will be signed between the selected country and Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) the organizer of ICASA.
- SAA President is ICASA 2021 Chair; the host country will appoint a Co-chair for ICASA 2021 in consultation with SAA. The Council reserves the right to revoke the hosting rights of a country if there are reasonable doubts of