INVITATIONAL BID TO HOST THE 22nd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON AIDS AND STIs IN AFRICA (ICASA 2023)
The Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) represented by its President; Prof. John Idoko, hereby invites African countries wishing to host the 22nd International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa in 2023 (ICASA 2023) to send in their application bid document to the SAA Secretariat in Accra- Ghana. The closing date for submission of the Application is 15th December 2021.
ICASA 2023 will be the 22nd edition of the International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa to be organized by the Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA).
Any African country is eligible to be considered to host ICASA. However, certain criteria must be fulfilled to qualify for selection.
The procedure for application is as follows:
Interested countries should submit a bid document of intent to the SAA Secretariat backed up with detailed proof of evidence of the following information:
- Strong Government support: financial commitment and political will to host the conference.
-Provide and financially support the Conference venue: Capacity of Plenary rooms: 5000 seats with at least 7 break way rooms with capacity from 150 to 1500 seats.
-Provide financial support for the local Secretariat that will be working with the International secretariat.
-Provide Scholarship for at least 500 local Participants.
- Availability of standard hotels to accommodate up to 10,000 participants as well as conference venue(s) with standard conference facilities.
- Good transportation network within the country.
- Good telecommunication network within host country with links to other African countries and international communities.
- Presence of cohorts of scientific, leadership, civil societies, organized groups of PLHIV, private sector, youth organizations oriented towards HIV/AIDS related activities.
- Easy access by air and by road where needed.
- Recognizable presence of Government organ/body responsible for HIV/AIDS coordination in the country.
- Good security network to guarantee participants’ safety.
- Guarantee easy visa facilities and assistance to conference participants and no restriction to entry for PLHIV, MSM and other minorities group.
- Political stability.
- No discriminatory government policies based on gender, HIV status and religion.
The detailed bid document of intent backed up with evidence should reach the Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) Permanent Secretariat both by email, attachments and by courier services to the SAA President:
Society for AIDS in AFRICA
SAA Permanent Secretariat Accra
P.O. Box 2072
Plot Container 58 Otano Estates,
Behind NHTC, Adjiringanor
Accra – Ghana
(a) Submitted applications will be evaluated by Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) paid members whereby 2 countries will be preselected, based on meeting the criteria as listed in Step 1.
(b) Assessment visits will be conducted by 2 or 3 SAA’s Council members to the preselected countries. The preselected countries will invite SAA for the two days assessment visit from 14th to 15th April 2022.
I. The process of preselection will be concluded from 1st to 15th May 2022 followed by the notification to the 2 countries.
II. After SAA Council members’ assessment visit and deliberation, the host country of ICASA 2023 will be notified on July 2022 followed by a press communiqué/release.
III. Prior to the final selection of the host country of ICASA 2023, and before a notification letter will be sent to the host country, an MOU will be signed between the selected country and Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) the organizer of ICASA.
IV. SAA President is ICASA 2023 Chair; the host country will appoint a Co-chair for ICASA 2023 in consultation with SAA. The Council reserves the right to revoke the hosting rights of a country if there are reasonable doubts of the ability to deliver.