Objectives of SAA as an Organizationadmin
- To contribute to the control and management of HIV infection/AIDS, TB and Malaria throughout Africa and to serve as a forum for the exchange of information on HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO), the UNAIDS, International AIDS Society, and other International and national organizations on AIDS.
- To serve as an African focus and coordinator of AIDS activities in Africa.
- To promote research and training on HIV and AIDS prevention and care in Africa.
- To work with African States to mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria on the African Continent.
- To organize International Conferences on HIV/AIDS, STIs, TB and Malaria in Africa and collaborate with other organizations in organizing specific workshops on HIV and emerging infections.
- To solicit, receive, manage and account for funds for supporting SAA activities against HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria in Africa.
- To serve as a central registry of individuals and organizations, professionally involved in AIDS research and activities to prevent the spread of AIDS and care for people living with HIV, TB and Malaria in Africa.
- To represent the African Scientific community as a voice of reason in AIDS controversies, speak and act against discrimination/stigmatization, and ensure the observance of ethical norms in all aspect of research and trials relating to HIV and AIDS in Africa.
- To promote the total well being of those infected and affected by HIV and AIDS as well as create awareness on other emerging diseases threatening public health in Africa